Date: Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 7:30pm. This Event will be contested rain or shine
Track: 65' x 185' grass-surfaces ring with concrete barriers
Promoter: Caledonia Agricultural Society - 150th Caledonia Fair
Entry Information: Please Contact Ian D. Thompson at the Caledonia Fair Office by phone at (905) 765-6861
Rule Information: Please Contact Rob Clark at Smash Motorsports by phone or text at (905) 912-0510
Competition: Please Contact Doug Leonard at Smash Motorsports, by phone or text at (905) 981-1119
Grand Champion $1,300.00
2nd Place $275.00 3rd Place $200.00 4th Place $150.00 5th Place $100.00
STRAIGHT STOCK CHAMPIONSHIPS
(Max 24 Cars)
2 Heats- Top 3 advance to final (Top 2 get paid)
Grand Champion $1,000.00 (includes heat money)
**$800.00 if 3rd place heat finisher wins**
Heat Winners - $200.00 each
Best Appearing Car Award - $100.00 (Events that have happened in the Caledonia Arena) 1 winner
Schedule of Events
3:00pm Technical Inspection open at the Nicholson & Cates Yard located on Alabastine Avenue off Argyle St. Caledonia- all drivers and mechanics must be at this location
5:45pm Technical inspection closes and cars will no longer be accepted
6:20pm Formation of cars into qualifying heats
6:30pm Ontario Provincial Police escort to the Fairgrounds
7:30pm Start of Show
Show Format and Posted Awards
Best Car Award: The most outrageous car will be awarded $100.00 and a trophy. Cars must be tastefully decorated. Winner will be decided by fan applause.
Qualifying Heats: The last three (3) cars running from each qualifying heat will be awarded entry into the Championship. Race Director reserves the right to add cars and split the heat money in the event of a tie.
Championship: The qualifying head winners will contest the championship. The last car running will be declared the Grand Champion and awarded top purse money (includes money from heat) and a trophy.
There will be a limited number of entries available. Only the driver named on the original application will be allowed to participate. Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Caledonia Agricultural Society, Ontario Provincial Police, and Smash Motorsports reserve the right to refuse any application.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events.
These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The Race Director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
This Program is run under Smash Motorsports rules and, in signing an entry or taking part in any of the events described in this entry blank, all competitors acknowledge that they have received, read and understand all of the rules and regulations associated with the event, and hereby agree to abide by all official Smash Motorsports decisions and regulations. Any deviation of these rules and regulations will result in an immediate disqualification.
All cars will be subject to Smash Motorsports control from the time they pass inspection until they are officially released after the race.
Any entry who performs an act or participates in actions deemed by Smash Motorsports officials as determined to the sport or to Smash Motorsports or fails to abide by the provisions set forth in this entry blank, shall be subject to loss of all prize money and/or suspension.
All accepted entrants are participating on their own behalf and are completely independent of the event organizers. As an independent contractor, entrants are assuming all responsibilities for prize money received including all taxes and government payment that apply to such winnings.
The undersigned agrees to display all emblems and patches on the uppermost right hand chest of his/her racing uniform as specified by Smash Motorsports, and to display all decals on the racing car driven by him/her immediately below each door window as specified by Smash Motorsports when competing in all Smash Motorsports Championship Demolition Derby Events.
RELEASE RE: USE OF NAME, ETC.: In consideration of the awards for this event, the acceptance of the entry by Smash Motorsports, the Car Owner and Driver, individually and jointly, agree and consent, that Smash Motorsports, the Promoter and the assigns of either or both, and the series sponsor, may use their name(s), picture(s), likeness(es), or performance(s) or any of them, in any way, medium or material for promoting, advertising, recording or reporting this event or other Smash Motorsports-sanctioned events before, during and after such event(s), (but not for the purpose of endorsement), including but not limited to television and radio broadcasts, film productions, video tape reproductions, and the like, and do hereby relinquish all rights hereto for these purposes.
ATTENTION: Demolition Derbies are promoted as unusual spectator attractions. It is the responsibility of all drivers and crew members to follow and obey all, of the rules set forth by the sanctioning body and the Promoters of this event. You are participating at your own risk and as a condition of your participation in the event you acknowledge that you will be required to sign a further release of liability form provided to you on the day of the event.
All Official and Promoter decisions are final. By signing the entry application form, you have acknowledged that you have read, received a copy of, and understand all, of the rules and regulations associated with the event. Illegal items passing through technical inspection that are not detected by the officials are still considered to be grounds for disqualification if found in a later inspection. Any deviation of these rules and regulations will result in an immediate disqualification.
ENTRY FORMS: The driver must fill out and submit the Official Entry Form. All accepted entrants are participating on their own behalf and are completely independent of the event organizers. As an independent contractor, entrants are assuming all responsibilities for prize money received including all taxes and government payments. All entry applications are subject to approval by the Fair Association and/or the Promoter. Both parties reserve the right to refuse any entry application. All accepted entrants must provide a valid piece of identification on request and all drivers must be of legal age as per insurance company and/or hosting facility. Once your entry is accepted, there will be no refunds of any type, for any reason.
CONDUCT: Rule infractions by a driver or a crew member will result in immediate disqualification of that car and driver. Crew members’ actions are the responsibility of the driver. The competition rules will be explained at the Mandatory Driver’s Meeting prior to the first event. Any driver not attending this meeting will NOT be allowed to participate, NO EXCEPTIONS. IMPORTANT: There is to be no consumption of alcohol or drugs by any driver or crew member. Police will be on hand to enforce these rules of conduct and other Federal, Provincial and Local Laws. No alcohol coolers in the Pit Area. Coolers and vehicles will be subject to search at the point of entry to the Pit Area. Infraction will result in disqualification and removal from the Fairgrounds. Violation will result in a lifetime ban from all future events.
PARKING: You are expected to park your haulers in an appropriate manner. Do not block roadways, driveways, or fire lanes. You may be required to move your vehicle at the discretion of the officials. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
PREPARATION: All cars must be brought to the demolition derby grounds prepared. No preparation work will be allowed once inside the restricted area. Only changes required by the technical committee will be permitted. If the Competition Director feels that a competitor is not prepared, he reserves the right to disqualify the car and the driver and replace them with the first available car and driver from the waiting list.
PROPER DRESS: All entrants MUST wear clean, long-sleeved clothing; coveralls or SFI approved fire suit are recommended. Protective eye goggles or a face shield are strongly encouraged. All entrants must wear a proper fitting SNELL or DOT (2010 or newer) approved, motorcycle/racing helmet always. No half helmets. Recommended Head and Neck Restraint.
REMOVAL OF CARS/PARTS/TIRES: It is the responsibility of the driver to remove the car and all other parts from the facility after the event. In the event, that a car has been sold to an auto recycler and it is not removed, the driver will be billed for its removal. Any driver found to illegally dump parts and/or used tires used in a demolition derby on private or public property will receive a lifetime ban from all future events.
COMPETITION RULES – VIOLATION CONSTITUTES DISQUALIFICATION
1. No deliberate head on collisions.
2. No deliberate hitting of the driver’s door.
3. All four (4) brakes must be working.
4. All drivers must always remain in the car unless otherwise instructed by the Competition Director or Security.
5. The sixty (60) second time limit between hard, competitive hits will be strictly enforced. Soft hits will not be tolerated, and the count will not be reset. Exceeding the sixty (60) second time limit will result in disqualification.
6. Any observed loss of helmet or release of seat belt (intentional or unintentional) will result in immediate disqualification.
7. Any breach of the barriers/boundaries could result in disqualification. Only one tire is needed. Any intentional or unintentional hitting of another car over the barriers will result in both cars being disqualified if the car A cannot push car B off the barrier within thirty seconds.
8. No drinking of alcoholic beverages allowed by drivers or crew members on the track or in any restricted area prior to the conclusion of the feature event. Drivers may be checked prior to each event. Any driver or crew member that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and subject to removal and/or arrest by Police.
9. Fire extinguishers must be within reach of the driver. You will be disqualified if you do not have one.
10. No sandbagging. You are required to make frequent, hard, competitive hits. Taking advantage of the sixty (60) second rule may result in a faster count or disqualification. If your car cannot be restarted, you are required to give the “kill signal” (fake slashing of the throat with one hand) to an Official.
11. Cars must always be driven professionally and responsibly when not in competition. Operating in a manner which endangers the safety of others will result in removal from the grounds by the Police and a lifetime ban from all future events.
12. There is to be no fighting or horseplay with other competitors. Do not approach any official during an event when cars are competing.
13. Cars on fire will be disqualified. However, at his discretion, the Competition Director may allow the driver to restart if it was a carburetor fire. If the fire restarts, the car will be disqualified.
14. You will be disqualified if you ignore the instructions of a Flagman. If you refuse to stop, the race will be halted, and you will be required to evacuate the car. Refusal to do so will result in removal from the grounds by the Police/Security and you could face a lifetime banishment from all future Smash Motorsports, Fair or Speedway events.
FOR SPECIFICATIONS, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND READ THE FULL RULE PACKAGE BY CLICKING HERE.